The thing about blogs and about people who write about their daily(almost anyway) life is that, when you meet themin person, you are kinda put in an awkward situation.
Like for instance, it's not as interesting anymore if I told family members that I haven't seen in months/years that "OhI can make Puding Caramel and Nasi Ayam now". Their reaction would just be " Yeah tu lah, nampak kat blog haritu." Then itputs you off from sharing how you think it's remarkable that someone like yourself, who has never set foot in the kitchencan now prepare a decent meal, complete with dessert.
Or from friends who you are trying to sell bags or perfumes, but you have revealed that, that AH bag you bought costsEUR178 only but selling it to them, at EUR300. Don't you think it's so embarassing, oh I can already imagine the embarassment, though I don't sell to friends. I just buy things for my family. So not business minded.
Or if you read a blog silently and actually saw the blogger in real life. You'll be all giddy and telling your friend, that that is one of the bloggers you are stalking. And you can actually tell your friend how many siblings the blogger has and where he/she works. It's as if you were ever friends that you know so much (to a limit of what they disclose lah). Tsk tsk.
There was one time, when I was back home, hanging out with friends from high school and one of them asked me "How's Dublin, or DuhhhBlin?". I laughed and thought wait, isn't that how I spell and pronounce Dublin? She must've read my blog, I mean I might have given her my link and forgot about it. So I started , or wanted to explain how I've been working the past few years in Dublin and she interrupted me for a second and said "In Blackrock right ? and that time you "kantoi" praying in the janitor's room right?".. Then I laughed and said yes, yeah...And that's actually when I realised that shit,what else can you talk to your friends about if they have read that juicy bit and might be bored of repeated stories?
So to my family and friends, if you hear me talking about Encik Korek Telinga dan Hidung, let's just pretend you'venot read it here first! You must continue feeling grossed out like the first time you read about it, IF I tell youstories about him ok? Family different abitlah cos they are forced to listen to my stories. Hehe. :D
PS- I actually think the only time I read blogs is when I'm in Dublin. I have no time otherwise to do so when I am back in Subang. And really the reason why I read blogs after blogs is just to catch up on things in Malaysia. Like what's happening in KL now, and what are the popular phrases people are using now, like "uols,weols and the most recent ones I spotted is dalam taman ada hati." So at least by the time I go home, when you say to me UOLS, I don't chuckle and laugh hysterically.
6 comments:
uols!dalam hati ada taman and a new one is muka brutal,hati kristal, not to forget theyols also say hati kuntum mekar kemboja to describe orang yang emo.lol.
yours,
uols nya abang
hahahahahaha..realllyyyyyyy??? that's funny! theyols?
dalam hati ada taman laa!...tu adalah terbaik...hehe
Liza: i tanya lah around, apparently it's from adnan sempit lah derr..derr have u heard of that one??
i have! u know why?
I WATCHED ADNAN SEMPIT!
sedih tak?
my defence: it was on the flight back to kl and i really rindu org melayu. lol
Ahaha alasan kan babe.I thought my friend was trying to Malay-fy DUH jadi derr.hahaha. weols rindu melayu kan :D
Post a Comment