Pages

Friday, July 30

Malaysia Truly Asia


I don't remember statiscal information about my country. Neither do I keep track of what's goingon in Malaysia's politcal arena. So I don't like it when someone who is sitting infront of a computer which is hooked to the internet to ask me questions like "How big is Malaysia? How many square km feet is it?" Dey google la!




Look dude, if this is your idea of socializing or getting to know me, this is not the way to go.One, there's nothing you can do about the size of my country. You cannot plan to build a GreatWall of China, we are happy with the Penang Bridge and the Johor-Singapore bridge as it is. Two,no pilgrimage of any sort is done around Malaysia, so you can stop calculating the size of it. Unless,you plan to cycle like my dad around Malaysia, I might give you his direct contact.

So I politely shrugged it off and said "I don't know" He had the cheek to ask me if I had not learned Geography in school. Ini cabaran terhebat abad ni. Datin Josephine mengamuk ni. I said "Well of course I learned Geography in school, but I don't think we ever really learned the precise size of the country. I know that Sarawak is the biggest state in Malaysia and Pahang is the biggest in Peninsular Malaysia". They don't tell me the actual size of it.

I told him if he wanted to ask me other facts about Malaysia like on the people and the states, I mightbe able to assist him. I told him eventhough we have Chinese people, I cannot speak Chinese but still, he continues asking if I can speak Mandarin. Setakat tau se more, lau tze, sek fan, si fat, ham sap,chee cheong fun (eh tu makanan eh?) baik tak yah ngaku tahu kan?. And I think because of that he got excited and asked what chinese film or drama do I watch at home? Pulakkkk..

Oh my god, I wanted so badly to jump out the window. So I answered lah Fei Mau and Wong Fei Hong. To which he said " Fei Mau? That's such an old show!" penuh dengan muka sinis.. Eh eh kau ni, mana lah aku tau. I don't follow Chinese dramas. It's not like I was being racist or whatever, but American TV series evolved better and better over time. I don't even follow Malay dramas because I cannot download them. Haha.



Still not satisfied with me watching Fei Mao religiously as a child, he asked if I know Andy Liew. With arching brows, I asked him " You mean Andy Lau right?" He said "No, Andy Liew. You know he is very famous". So I told him that I don't and continued working. " How come you don't know him? He isvery famous, he married a Malaysian." Iyolah, there are so many people married to Malaysians what, if you talk about famous Chinese Malaysians like Dato Michelle Yeoh ke, Datuk Jimmy Choo, I know lah.

Haru tak korang mengadap rakan sepejabat like this?. The only reason I got myself engaged in this conversation is to stop him from d*gging. Too much lah kot, if you talk to me and still continue d*gging kan?

No comments: