I enjoyed my time in the studio, going there every single day. The people were great,we hang out everyday together without fail. So during my first year's college break, I joined in as a Muay Thai apprentice. Kru paid me RM800, minus my fees for the Class at RM100. It was really fun,sweaty and got knee-ed on my hips. I got to go to work in those boxing shorts, but with tights underneath to cover my cellulite.HAHA.And I trained many students as well as working professionals.
The best moment/achievement while I was working there? I managed to stretch my legs on the floor, like a split, with my head touching the ground. Kau pikir senang badan aku ni nak buat cenggitu? It's called conditioning.
Ok, takder lah camgini...but more or less laa
On my second years'college break, I did my internship with PWC after much persuasion from my mother. I wouldn't say I truly enjoyed myself there, but there were good times. I felt that I did not get the necessary experience and exposure because I had no proper mentor. The dude who was suppose to take me as a mentee "already had another mentee". So thank God for this American Indian (bukan Red Indian) guy who brought me along his operation effectiveness projects.He was also the referree whom Robert Half International called when I got my current job in Dublin. They paid me RM300 a month, and along my PTPTN money, I survived going to work in KL, commuting by KTM everyday. Makan nasi campur dekat belakang Cosmopoint. Sob sob.
The best moment/achievement while I was working there? My 20 years old self, calling a bookshop in Universiti Malaya while saying this. "Hello, my name is Shamimi and I'm calling from PriceWaterHouseCoopers". Hell yeah, it felt good at that time.
While waiting for DBS to confirm my application, I worked in a small company as an Accounts Assistant, after much persuasion from Zaf to work my lazy ass. The company was very very new. I am trying to find the right words to describe what they do, but basically, it was in the shipping industry. I haggled for my pay. They wanted to pay me RM800. I said no. I wanted RM1,100. Zaf said I was being demanding and that I would not get the job then.
They called me up 2 days later and offered me the job at RM1,000. I initially asked for RM1,100. Eh I got the ANC for a reason ok! I did not enjoy working there and dread having to go to work. It was boring because there weren't that many things to do. I didn't even mind helping out with the delivery and befriended the van driver . I wished I had more things to do then.
So do you think I actually worked for the money or for the experience? In both cases, I was persuaded to work. The only time that it was on my own initiative was for the Tomoi class. Hehe.


2 comments:
Tomoi oh tomoi...you were at your fittest then. You obviously had more varied working experience than I had.
One should work for both - money and experience. When your work is excellent, Organization will pay MORE for your experience.
At the end of the day, one should not boast of a 20-year working experience if in truth, it was 1 year experience multiplied 20 times!
My working experience so carca marba right..
yes u are right..1 year experience which was worth 20 years!
Post a Comment