Pages

Friday, May 21

Those beautiful sunny days

One thing I love about living abroad is that when the sun is out and shining,everyone will be in their best of mood. The people around Blackrock will be out in the beer garden, drinking, and getting roasted after just sitting outside for 4 hours, whereas mimi will be getting darker. Eh I meant more exotic in colour.

The one in BR is not as huge as this la.

There will be people in their shorts and ipods running and there will be people with their to-go coffee on one hand, sunnies on top of their hand, all dressed down to the lows. Just how I imagine my life sepatutnya be, if I lived abroad. The to-go coffee in one hand and my handbag in another, ala SATC. The reality remains I am that short Asian with her Owl inspired book bag which has been turned into a lunch bag with stains from Kuah Kari/Lemak/Sambal that dripped of the Mangkuk Tingkat(ok exagerrated!)  and a big handbag. I stopped wearing heels because of the cobbled pavement which looks cool , but is actually a pain in the sole(soul).

Literally running with an ipod.

 
I remember those days back in Sri Iskandar, Perak. We would all dread the scorching sun, taking refuge under the umbrella or walk through buildings to avoid the sun. For the lucky ones with a car,  drive to class.Nobody likes to be out in the Sun. They say you only learn how to appreciate the sun when you have lived abroad for a few years.




*all pictures are taken from the www.

2 comments:

kellyspaghetti said...

haha aiyoo i jeles lorr. its alredy bright here, if only it were sejuk like there too ;)

ARZ said...

momoi,

I love the sun too. It brightens life. But I love the rain too. It alters the mood, and it's a great time for reflection.