Pages

Saturday, December 19

You cut your steak with your spoon watttt??

I went for lunch with a bunch of my colleagues in Chi, a restaurant which claims to be an Asian restaurant because they also serve Malaysian Laksa Noodles and Indonesian Fried Rice other than just the common Chinese food.

While we were deciding on the Menu, my colleagues (who were Irish), were debating about Green Curry being hotter than Red Curry. Male colleague argued that on the menu,  the Green Curry ratings show 4 chillies as opposed to the Red Curry's of 2 chillies. So I asked him " Eh, you like hot food?" And he answered confidently, "Yeah, I love green curry, I can eat green curry. The Malaysian noodle we had the other time, was making me sweat buckets but I loved it".

TANG MANA pulak laksa ni pedas??

So the rice and the dish would be served on separate plates and bowls. Usually, and I think it's quite common where I come from, I would take a piece of prawn and some gravy onto my rice and scooped it on to my spoon. So it was a Janey Mack moment when I saw that my colleagues poured the whole bowl of curry/beef szechuan onto their plate and soaked all the rice with the gravy. It looked like they were eating porridge. I wonder if they came to my place and you have a bowl of curry, a plate of vegetables , would they put it all on their plate? Comel je

I did not comment on how they ate their lunch, but I just cannot help but to say out loud "Don't you guys think it's easier to eat with a spoon than a fork? The rice I mean?" All of them ate with their fork. Even that porridge lookalike rice. I guess it's how we've been taught since young. It's fork and spoon. But, they would've benn taught fork and knife, simple because of the type of food they eat.

Malaysians can cut their steak with their spoons waat???

4 comments:

ARZ said...

Mi,
Next time you eat out with your office colleagues at the Chinese restaurant, eat with your hands!

You think they will freak out?

June Malik said...

Hhaha i agree, try and let us know :)

Snowy Nur Rainfall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oops did I just say that? said...

they will think i m d freakk