Pages

Monday, November 2

Pencen ke Pension?

My late grandmother used to ask her cucus to accompany her to get her Pencen in BSN in Subang Parade. That would usually be a joyous occassion because that would mean we would be getting some pocket money from her. But because my sister and I were the younger ones, we got less compared to my brothers. But in those days, RM 30 was quite a good deal, considering the fact that I was still in primary school and we don't have to pay for breakfast and lunch. So RM3o for a whole month would allow me to buy a book in MPH. Those days a "tween's" book would cost about RM9.90, which was considered expensive by my standard. And it's with that money that I bought magazines(which is very rare, because my dad despise us reading magazines, except if it was National Geographic and the likes of it.)

The last duit pencen tok I got from her, I bought a necklace. At that time, creating your own necklace from the abundance of beads,strings and pendant were the one thing that girls my age would need to have. I rememered showing it to her few weeks before she passed away and she said that it looks nice, tapi mimi kena cermat simpan duit. She obviously knew that that money came from her. Heh.Because then I did not get allowance from my parents. I don't know where the necklace went to. The Bead Bar in One Utama has loss all it's glory to me.

Anyway, this bit of pencen, or pension as we say in English is something that she holds on dearly to. Possibly because it's what's left on from my late grandfather for her and she could feel that bit of independence with it. And of course to spoil her grandchildren with surprise presents. Just like the Clown 24 colour pencil she got from me. She even said this this "Ha si Ila mesti nak jugak kala pensel mimi ni. Simpan elok-elok.".

As I grow older, pension now brings me headache. Not that I joined the pension scheme my company offered us, but the calculation of pension in terms of accounting. See my exams are coming in 6 weeks time and I have not much time to spare. My friends and I were busy studying about Pension , which if I recall now is subject to the rules under FRS 17. It looks easy in the sense that we have all the figures ready but I figured that the actuarists behind the Pension scheme would have a hard time predicting and analyzing employees and their recognition. I am not an accountant and I do not handle pensions or salaries, but I heard calculating pension and determining the schemes is not an easy task. I don't know if it's really the same pencen that my grandmother receives?

Or is it the ayam pencen that my dad does not like to eat?

6 comments:

ARZ said...

Mimi,

Like anything already "pencened", ayam pencen has its specific goodness. May not be good as fried chicken, bcos old skins yang kerepot bila di goreng will brittle away.

But ayam pencen is great for rendang ayam.

Anonymous said...

aiii aku baca pun pening..


ayam pencen = ayam menopause :P

Anonymous said...

kak mimi~~~
tq sbb present handbag tu..
chomeyy sangat..
tenkiu2..
mmuaahh

oops did I just say that? said...

Abah:u know only aa what's great for rendang!

babe:aku yg pening jadi lagi pening!!

ain:ok, nanti grad dapat anc kak mimi bg lagi present!

Anonymous said...

Mi, indeed Granma was lucky to receive the pension money in her twlight years and of course all of u benefitted the same.Thanks to the Government of malaysia.But remember i dont get pension money oooo sedeyyy

oops did I just say that? said...

Bubu why u didnt work with gomen>??