Pages

Tuesday, October 13

Je m'apelle Shamimi


14 years ago, my Dad brought my siblings and I to an unforgettable vacation to the much talked about London , and Austria for a skiing trip. I considered myself very very lucky to have had the opportunity to travel abroad then. In my previous post I mentioned how upset I was that the pre-planned Paris trip in 1994 got cancelled and that was no mention about it anymore after that.

London.Paris.New York. The three main cities that flashes on evey billboard and is on everyone's lips when they talk of fashion, romance and art. I can now happily pin the Eiffel Tower on my map of countries I have visited , for Eiffel I'm in Love!

While most of my friends are saving the romantic city to be visited along with their significant other, I chose to share this city with my Parents. This time around, our little mini euro trip was sponsored by *cough*cough Yours Truly. It's a good feeling to be able to bring them around Paris although both of them had been to Paris before. As my Dad would say, it's not the Destination, but the journey we share. Ecewahh ayat Abah nak pancing je kan...



We took Ryanair to get to Beauvais airport, which was about an hour and a half to Paris. As soon as you arrive at the airport, there is a shuttle bus service that would bring you to the city centre for €13 one way. It is the most convenient way to Paris, and the bus would stop opposite of Concorde La Fayette Hotel.

Upon reaching Paris, I can't help but to try to differentiate if somebody was about to clear their phlegm or was just conversing in French. Khakk khakkk toiii is all I hear. You know how the French speaks, nak tercabut anak tekak bercakap...But, I love the language. it sounds so French. haha, literally.

Je m'apelle Shamimi, btw. ..sebab dah banyak kahak, boleh lah ckp french.hihi.

continued...

1 comment:

Babe said...

new york tunggu aku tau;)