Pages

Saturday, September 12

Accountant is not the same as a Cashier.

Jujurnya,I'm not one who is good with crunching numbers. Numbers are not my first love, although I secretly wish I am shaped like the number 8.

Sometimes, during lectures ,my mind drifts away wondering why was I destined to do accountancy? It got me this far, down to 3 final papers before I am an affiliate and a good year before I am accepted as a member. Honestly, my foundation (debits and credits) is not as strong as it should be. How I got through my exams sometimes with flying colours, I don't know.

It's very demotivating, sitting in Class, my eyes wandering , staring at the slides, listening, trying to decipher each and every FRSs, SSAPs,UITFs,IFRSs mentioned by the lecturer. No I don't have a problem with his accent, but I just can't do calculations and theory together. I know I should be positive all the time and send good vibes, and as The Secret mentioned, if you want something you have to keep thinking about it and will Insyallah get it. I am trying, and still am, but it proves to be quite challenging. I am very very frustrated with myself and the calculations. When given an exercise, I will just click away on the calculator. Pretending.

Ever since I knew of the existence of Dreamweaver,Flash and Photoshop I had secretly wished that I could pursue a designing course. I was browsing websites and tutorials everyday for hours during my PMR revision week. Secretly. My cita-cita as a kid, was never to be an accountant, because I thought an accountant works at the supermarket(cashier). Just as I thought an engineer is someone who repairs cars. My late Tok secretly hoped that I would be a Dentist. A dentist who whould buy a Kancil and one that could bring her around.

But as a child, my arwah Tok would tell me that I am "Cucu tok, yang paling cermat". Every duit raya was given to my Mom to bank in. Yipee club member lah katakan. I should have just used the money lah. She gave us each some cash to spend every month. RM30.Guna duit beli buku cerita. Why oh why am I such a nerd?? Duit lebih masuk tabung Yippee. Maybe it was my subconscious mind(medula oblongata?) that lead me to where I am now. Handle duit.

As the youngest child and cucu, being the only one at home while my siblings went to school meant that I was always around my grandmother. She would take her bath just before noon and I would wait for her in her room. She would put my piggy bank on the floor and would let me arrange the coins according to sizes. The 10cents , 20cents,RM1 and 50 cents. But I would bug her to count with me . So clad in her kain batik,she sat on the floor with me and taught me how to count coins. It became almost a daily ritual and from then I learned how to recognise the coins and the value of each coin. The biggest shape doesn't necessarily mean the biggest amount. Although, of course my 1st brother always tricked my 2nd brother into thinking otherwise.


Ye kami anak-anak yang comel sebab makan potato bread la bahome yang disimpan di belakang pintu bilik.Sorang limit satu je tapi. Adik Syahida pun kecik-kecik suka mengendeng roti dengan my tok.Hehe.

5 comments:

ARZ said...

Mimi,
I am really glad that you are turning into a good cashier, not one who dished out cash but one who keeps cash in the till.

As for potential upgrade to Accountant, you have the makings of maintaining an eagle's eyes on figures, except your own :-)

As for the creativity in you, you and I know which genes it is from.

Anonymous said...

Mi,why u regret putting your money in the yippie account?Why u think i sapu the duit ke haha.Memang kalau tak cukup ibu selalu amik cos i m the trustee haha n the signatory to the account kayaaa masa tu.....

oops did I just say that? said...

Abah: I keep my cash safely in Dublin for a reason. I am myown trustee..Ngehehe

Ibu:Because I could have bought all the books in the world!!! No need to keep in banks!!

nadira said...

mimi comel gilaaaaaaa u masa kecik. hahaha..couldnt help smiling. :)

oops did I just say that? said...

nad:i tau i mmg comel..dari dulu smp sekarang..hahah