
So it wasn't Precordial Catch Syndrome. In fact, up until now, the Doctors aren't sure what had caused the sharp pain when I breathe. I didn't tell you guys, that the pain got worst the next two mornings.
I couldn't even lie on my back as there would be an excruciating pain below the rib cage and my back as well. So I had to lie on my stomach but my neck could only turn to the left. To the right would also mean more pain. But I didn't want anyone to worry much, so I sobbed silently, and applied as much medicated deep heat, gamat and minyak angin. As I mentioned earlier, I was burping like an overdosed cow, so I thought minyak angin could somehow help me to burp to make feel better. But by Sunday, I still wasn't farting.
So I decided to see the Doctor, to at least give myself a peace of mind, that, that pain was infact, as my family suggested due to pilates and the gym. I had thought otherwise because it wasn't my first time at the gym, and the sharp pain,was, well, not something I have ever felt before. And because it affected my breathing, I decided to fork out €65 for consultation fees.
GP: So, you are Shamimi, are you from India, yeah?
Me: Haha, no.I'm from Malaysia
GP: Are you Malay, Malay?
Me: Oh, yes. Do you have a lot of Malaysians who come in to your clinic?
GP:Well, yeah, not many, but there are Chinese Malaysians and Indian Malaysians. So you are Malay, Malaysian.
Me: Yes I am. (sambil senyum terkesima, wah bagusnyer Doctor ni tahu)
But, alas, he couldn't hear anything wrong with my lungs or chest, but he was afraid, that there might be a clot at my lungs. But he did mention that it was highly unlikely due to my age factor, and the fact that I kept stressing that I was at the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Just wanted to potray my healthy lifestyle. Haha.
I asked him if it could be due to Pilates, or because I over exerted myself on Friday, but he said no because the soreness would spread across other bodyparts as well. And it's suppose to feel sore when you press it, but in my case it did not.So he wrote a letter and referred me to Mater Hospital for an extended checkup. ( they don't have an xray machine in their Clinic.
Just so you know, I had wanted to go to a 24 hour clincic on Saturday night, but the nearest was in Blackrock, and that is bollocks. I sweared under my breath, and started to curse the horrible health system in Dublin. Well, at least there is a 24 hours Clinic in Subang Jaya!
3 comments:
Waiting for your Part II
Mi, my heart oso cry with u.You are indeed a brave girl
Even when u first step foot in dublin u were all alone......but remember God is always with u.And thanks to your siblings Amnah n Jaja kat Dublin.They are marvellous.
Post a Comment