I tend to embarass myself with blunders while trying to strike up a conversation with my Irish colleagues. See, the problem is, since living here for 3 years, I tend to unintentionally mix the Irish culture and Malay culture. The Irish, are still adapting to the flock of foreign nationalities hoarding their country, I should not scare them with my very own thoughts on things. I should, learn how to keep my mouth shut.
So this week sees alot of my colleagues returning back to the office after their Exams. It was either ACCA, CAT,CIMA or CFA for the whole lot of us. Anyway, I was trying to be nice, and was asking one of the guys how his CFA exams went. He told me that it was a multiple choice question. (MCQ), to which I laughed and said Ah, that's easy, you could manage that. I asked again if towards the end of the 100th question, if he did an A.E.I.O.U on choosing his answers. He looked at me, with a very confused face. Then it hit me, the A E I O U song, which we would sing, to choose players during a game, was only understood/sang/applicable to Malaysians!"
A.E.I.OU, Banggali loves you, kiss your darling two by two, gorilla loves you"
Sumpah I felt so malu, at that time. I think he thought I was just mumbling something to myself, and I changed the topic, to real business talk. I asked about the Dividend Income for the Fund. Just so that I sounded intelligent-er after talking about Benggalis.
So in the midst of embarassment, I texted my Malaysian friends to tell them of my AEIOU tale, and I found out that they didn't know it either. Oh C'mon, don't you guys ever played the tagging game, but in order to choose Siapa Jadi, you will do the eenie meenie,mini mo thingy, or the police and thief, want to jaga, polis mati, pencuri jaga? (ps- some ppl sing it as police and tree?).
Gila tipu lah korang tak tau this song/kindergarten rhyme/Malaysian Folk song. Giler tak nak mengaku.
11 comments:
i masuk tadika abim. mana ade lagu benggali2 ni. lagilaa pasal kiss2 your darling. and gorillas? apekah??
i remember sumthing bout sunflower. but again it must have been some other silly song that doesnt make sense.
okay i admit, i'm one of the ones who used to sing polis and tree..serius time tu tak nampak ape kaitan. pikirkan trend je ;)
hahahahha...sumpah i nyanyi polis centri.....what the fish right?!!! hahahahaha
hehehhe! so kelakar la. oh yeah, ACCA test tue usually untuk account students je ke?
chop i masih mencari orang yang tau lagu aeiou ni.please lah mengaku sekarang!!hahaha
i know, i know!and im your brother so of course i know!hhehe
I heard of AEIOU but didn't know there were benggalis involved...
well...i definately remember all of it...not many know if it kot...hehehe...kita mengikut trend kan...hahahha
hahahah...i knew the benggali song by heart...i swear there were benggalis involved...ahhh thanks for making my day guys..:D
mateylicious dear, of course i know aeiou. and of course I'VE DONE IT BEFORE with MCQ questions. i totally get what you're saying. LOL. farney money penny lah kamu ini! Btw, my sister said "Mimi banyak berjalan". I asked "how u know?". Dia bilang, coz she puts your blog dalam Favourites. =)
-peace yo pak-
mate! yeah five sket , nasib u tau...
oh ur sis letak kat internet dia punya tab tu ke? oh hellloooo sis!!!bahaha..
ha ah mimi kuat berjalan jadi, jika korang nak join, amat dialu2kan...
Post a Comment