As mentioned in my entry below, I am in Italy and incase if you are wondering, I'm actually updating this from the comfort of my ostella in Florence after a sumptious value for money dinner which normally in Dublin would've cost a bomb, but it's only a fraction of the price here in Florence. Para pa pa, I'm lovin' it. 
Anyway we arrived in Pisa, Italy via Galileo Galileo airport, last Friday night and had a driver pick us up at the airport. Thanks to Capek who had planned our whole trip and had booked our hostel at the Airone Hostel. The good thing about the hostel that is runned by a Pinoy is that, they provide free shuttle service from the airport to the airport. As Russell Peter always say, you can never take away the cheapness from Asians. Heh! Since it was almost 11 when we arrived, we dozed off almost as soon as we arrived. Afterall we had a long day planned for the next day. Firenze Florence in the layman's term.
The leaning tower of Pisa, or Torre pendente di Pisa, was absolutely amazing.It is afterall one of the 7 wonders of the world. And I was really thankful that I had the opportunity to see it with my own naked eye. It really was slanting and at times I felt that it was going to crumble and fall. Wikepedia says that although it was intended to stand vertically, the tower began leaning to the southeast soon after the onset of construction in 1173 due to a poorly laid foundation and loose substrate that has allowed the foundation to shift direction. The tower presently leans to the southwest.

The famous leaning tower that had seen its better days.

trying to show off ze photography skill

I do have the famous 'I'm pushing the tower with both my arms, but I'll stick to this picture first
We were in Pisa just to see the leaning tower and the duamo, after about 2 hours, yes 2 hours of snapping pictures, we proceeded with our journey to Florence via train. It costed us 5euros for the 45minutes train ride. The first thing that we did upon our arrival in Florence? Hit the pizzeria! Delicious value for money good food!

1 comment:
Oh god,envy you!
Post a Comment