Pages

Thursday, January 15

Praha Pt 2

On our first night in Prague, Atlanta and I just could not stop talking to each other. The last time we met was when she visited me in Dublin. It's funny how we can go on and on about our childhood right to where we are now. Diana and Anthony were already fast asleep in the other room. Despite having to rise early the next day, we slept at about 2 in the morning. Thank God for winter, Subuh ends at 8!
Ok, this has no caption

Anyway as heavy as my eyelids were to open the next day, I managed to crawl out of bed by 7.30am or was it 8? I was all prepared for the weather and had two socks on, three layers of clothing underneath my bubble jacket and a beanie to keep my ears and head warm. We then headed for breakfast, and since I could not eat any of the bacon and ham meat, I settled for the cereal and milk and soda bread and cheese. Yikes. I need the energy to get through winter people!

Since Diana and Atlanta are the best Map reader in the world, they were assigned to lead us to the tourist area. Where we were staying is called the New Town, so most of the magic happens in the old town, where we had to go through the Powder Gate. ( I like how it is called Powder Gate, reminds me of fairytale during my childhood).

 Forgive Lent as she thinks snowflakes are like ice kacang

Diana, Anthony and Atlanta

 Although I would say that the main attraction areas are not that many and we could do  most of it in a day (hmm...remind me of Dublin!), we took longer than the average joes because we took so many pictures at every nook and corner of Prague. Every corner, rooftop has its story to tell.  

The streets along Old Town Centre

Despite the old historic buildings being graffiti-ed, the City by itself is beautiful. One thing that I noted, their toilets are clean. When I say clean, it means there are no stains even in the toilet bowl! And there are many public toilets in the City. (unlike Dublin of course!)

The Prague Astronomical Clock

This has got to be one of the main tourist attraction as apparently this clock, is a medieval astronomical clock which as the name suggests, has the 12 Zodiac around it. It is said to be dated back in 1410.(wikepedia says!). And every hour there will be Apostles and I don't know what else moving around it. I have it recorded on video (but it is LEnt's Camera!).

to be continued (I'm wating for them to come back from Rome so I can have pictures of me!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mi,at last the internet line is up.baru dpt baca....Waa the sisters enjoying holiday together.Seronok nya...

Anonymous said...

Patient, Shar-mei-mei. Pictures from Ah Chong and Ah Chan will be with you this weekend. Ciao(kuasa 2) :)

ARZ said...

Hi Baby,

Greetings from wet but not so cold Makassar. Enjoy your Prague and then we enjoy something nearer home with the family come February

Anonymous said...

ohh bestnye!!!

bila nak jejak kaki kat prague