Pages

Friday, December 26

Yorkshire Pudding.

 "Last minute shopping for Christmas?" I asked the lady who came in and sat infront of me with paperbags full on both hands.

 "Ah, yes, as always, there were so many people" She replied with a tired but satisfied sigh. "You know, there was no more Pudding left in Marks and Spencer!" she added with her pupils dilated, facing me, and her hand in a manner of old lady gossiping.(macam cik kiak tengah bergossip), but she was really concerned that she couldn't find pudding. I asked if there was going to be a big dinner and perhaps she could make one.?

" No, it's just me and my three children. But my youngest daughter only wants pudding for Christmas and not cakes or pies.Oh, I' over the stage of making cakes and all that." Shyly giggling as though she just told me one of her biggest achievement.

 I smiled, giving the lady to feel at her best, afterall it's Chirstmas, and not only do I not know how to prolong this conversation, I just smiled and nodded and thanked God that Tara is my stop. I mean, what do I really know about Christmas? I can't even ask if she was going back to her hometown ( I don't even know all the states in Ireland), or what is the menu for her Dinner.

Anyway, I'm absorbing myself in the festive mood by playing Fairytale of New York from the Pogues, not only does it feel so Irish, it does make you feel like it's Christmas. So we finally did something more progressive other than watching DVD after DVD, which in my case I only watched Kite Runner and Exorcist. We took pictures of the lights around Henry and jumped for joy (until we get stuck). 

So tomorrow is St Stephen's day, for the benefit of others out there. It's what Boxing day is for the British. Except that it falls on the 27th. (kau pemalas kan nak kerja 26!!). So retail outlets will be on a mad sale. BUT, for careful buyers like me, the sale only gets cheaper and better in January, so you better make sure you don't spend all your ka-ching on the same day.

Anyway pictures will be up soon, so wait up for me ok?

No comments: