So tell me, what songs do you listen to when you want to remember good times? I have quite a list of songs that reminds me of my family, and to each it's own.
Funnily enough, when I was much younger, and my mom was still working, she used to sing "Buka pintu, buka pintu, ada anjing gong-gong bag saya", when she came home knocking on the door. And my siblings and I will rush to the sliding door to greet her. It's weird that almost nobody have heard of that song.
There is also that bloody annoying song that got stuck in my mom's old proton car, thanks to Afeq. Minnie Ripperton's Loving You. If I remember correctly, the cassette got stuck in the car for almost a month until my dad got so fed up with the song and gave the radio a good bang, and finally the cassette popped out. Boy, didn't my brother got a good nag. Thinking back, it was amazing how my mom could drive to KL, with Minnie singing lalalalala every few seconds. I wonder if you guys remember that?
I probably grew up listening to alot of oldies and 90's alternative songs, thanks to both my parents and hormone ripping brothers. As my eldest brother is much older than the rest of us, it was always the three of us, going into his room and listening to whatever cool song he has in store. It was the OAG, Meatloaf,Beck, Spinning Doctors,Gin Blossoms, and not forgetting the President of UNited States of America (PUSA). My 2nd brother was always the mischiveous one, always up to naughty pranks and getting us involved. What he always did when one of us was praying, was to blast this one particular song from the PUSA, Little dune buggyyy,but what it really sounded like was Little dune bogellll, and we will all burst out laughing.
And my sister's theme song would of course be the best. She would practice with me the dance step to KRU's Oooh La la..Now, that I remember correctly, we were always a part of the dance crew in school, but we never joined. Sorta always with the in crowd(poyo giler). So my sister would be showing off her skills infront of my Tok, while singing whole-heartedly to "Kau buat ku kata Oh lalala..Setiap Masa Oh lalala". Those were the times, definitely.
Oh, I also have this song that reminds me of Abang Asmit, or as my mom used to address him as Asmit Ulam Raja. He used to pick me up from kindergarted right until I was in Form 4. That was how long he knew our family and he basically saw us growing up, and we always had to listen to his choice of music in the car. The time when having a cd player in the car was luxury, he would put on repeat all the songs to IKLIM that my dad has in his collection. Seribu kali sayang,sangkaku kan ke mati, cerita kasih kita, rupanya seketika.... (nyanyi kena sengau ok!)
I would have memorised the whole song of IKLIM back then, I think.
My dad's old collection was much soothing to the ears now, albeit torturing during our yearly 8 hours drive to Kelantan. He hated 92.9, and would only listen to his choice of music because he had to endevour the torturous 8 hour drive. It was usually Bread's Make it with you, Perry Como's Magic moments and Catch a Falling Star and SM Salim's Dulu Lain Sekarang Lain.
But I thank you all for the variety of genre that I grew up listening to, well at least I can say I am rather universal. Wah, I miss you uols lahhh
3 comments:
i cringe reading every single line!!
Ya lah mi,terkenang dimasa dulu kala.sometimes it bring back the smile when we flash back.I miss my baby too.waaaaaahh......
Hi baby. What a great recall. Pleasant memories of the past become our beacon for our future. We were talking about what you wrote after dinner last night.
Keep recalling the pleasant memories of your baby past. I look forward to more
Post a Comment