Pages

Friday, September 26

I sent an email to both my buddies back in Malaysia, wishing them Hari Raya Aidilfitri, it seems only Zehan is still at work, because Gina has already taken the day off for Raya.Aidilfitri. Eid Mubarak, as the westerners call it.

This year would mark 3 years of yours truly celebrating Ramadhan and Aidilfitri thousands of kilometres away from home. Yes, not that it's anything new, but this year's celebration falls on a Wednesday, which only means one thing, raya sehari je. Yes, I know, other Muslims thoroughout the world only celebrate it on the 1st of Syawal, but heck I'm Malaysian.

There is no lagu-lagu raya to entertain me in the office.( See, I'm imagining what it's like in the Malaysian office, kad raya,lagu raya, kuih raya, kain raya yand dijual oleh makcik-makcik colleagues).

And again I know I have't gone back to my Dad's kampung in a few years for raya, but the Hari Raya spirit would still be there. Scrubbing the floor (do we do that ila?), changing the cushion cover, helping with the Lontong (damn I want it now!) and of course the salam-salaman.

So I asked my boss if I could take a holiday this Wednesday for Eid Mubarak. He turned to me and asked, what is Eid Mubarak?. Sigh. It's just not the same. The other Malay boys are all going back to Malaysia for Raya, and Amna and I will be stuck in the office on Thursday. Do you know how depressing that sounds? I don't know. We shall wait on Thursday to see if I get all depressed.

However, fret not, as Jaja, Amna and myself, we are planning on baking raya cookies, just like the one you get at home. And Jaja should will cook Rendang Cili Api and I will probably make Rendang Ayam. The easy peasy ones, from recipes from Mari Memasak Mudah oleh Saripah Hendon.

Ok, I was just kidding, tiada chef bernama saripah hendon, but you get wok i ming right?

nota kaki- nak kuih tart acik. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mari tukar2 kueh raya.. im making sugee.. owhh yummy-yummy sugee... ( jilat bibir.. opps. posa)

Anonymous said...

dah hantar kuih tart acik thru annas dad.He is flying to London so i kirim some but only 24 pieces buat rasa2 je and sambal hati.make sure u pegi ambil cepat bila anna balik kat umah amna.

Anonymous said...

yey! kuih tart dah smp but ade 12 pieces je...

i'll bring the sambal hati and tart when i come over for berbuka hari ni.. yey.. ayam masak merah!