Pages

Friday, June 27

While the Irish cling to their brollys under the very wet gloomy Friday morning, I only had the free Metro newspaper to shelter from the rain. How do thou spot a Malaysian?
The one with the free stuff clad in both hands.

Despite the negative feedbacks you get from people about Dublin, it's not that bad a place at all. You get free ciabata breads, fruit juices,muffins,or prepaid cards on some mornings. A friend even won a Sony Ericsson handphone.

I had wanted to have a list of things to say during my appraisal, only to receive an email from my supervisor that it has been postponed due to deadline of the Financial Statements. I have no clue on how to sell myself. I have these in my head.

Reasons why they should increase my salary and a good slap of bonus.
1- I am creative, creative accounting is in my blood. (kompom kena buang kerja terus)
2- I am funny, thus I make very tense situation bearable. (whatever)
3- I can work under tight deadline and tight pants (dey seriously, if you have to sit for hours on that unfateful day, having the wrong pants on, you will know what I mean!)
4- I understand every accent/lingo/slang from different continents of the world. Ie;My manager is Irish and My supervisor is African, and one of my team members is Chinese. ( Ok, now tell me, how do you adapt to very different accent in one situation and not threaten to kill one or the other? ). And I know now that Urally is actually Usually. Aha!
5- I google every goddamn thing I don't understand, and only then revert back to my supervisor. It's called being efficient.
6-I am always dressed appropriately nice. Shirts,pants or skirt. And hey, what do we know? Now at least some are following suit. (ok2 conceited i know)
7-I communicate well with great courtesy with my colleagues and 3rd parties. Albeit asking the same question every week, over and over again.
8-Because I need to buy me old man a bike(which would probably cost more than anything I've ever owned). Treat my mum and aunts for countless of massages and spa treatments. Flight tickets to return home to KL.
9- Well just because. DAMN it!

So anyone wants to include anything?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

10. because you still owe ur mate; her super duper belated bday prezie.. hermes birkin.. wink wink

afandiyusof said...

11. including me too...an elbow-lickin'-good,'inexpensive' electric guitar that i've showed to you guys last week....i wishhh i wishhhhh *wink wink*

Anonymous said...

Mummy oso.Decenber coming.im waiting ,waiting.Must wait in the Q ke?Hahaha