Pages

Tuesday, July 31

and every dog has it's day.

Every cloud has it's silver lining,


Although I am not close to being a dog, but I sure as hell felt like one today. It started of with the agent cancelling my interview with her because it was too short of a notice.(since she called me at 5.30pm) the previous day, and then wanted me to go for an interview with a company on Tuesday at 11.30 am, and to meet her prior to that at 10am. So, she called me while I was huffing and puffing at the bus stop at 8.30 am, to go ahead with the interview at the company instead, and was directed to Eden's Quay to take the 56 A bus.
Since, I didn;t know where the Grand Canal is, and she had confidently told me I could also get a bus at Eden's Quay, I headed all the way there at 9.30am, but was told by the bus drivers that "No 56A does not start from here,not for the past 2 YEARS.2 freaking years!!!". So, he told me to go to Trinity, which I did, and still couldn't find the bus stop , and walked all the way to merrion, and then with the help from Amna, she guided me to Pearse Street. And to pearse street I went, almost giving up, with all the walking and finding the bus, which by the way,arrived about 10-15 minutes later.

And again,I followed the Agent's direction, to stop after a Maxoll Petrol station, which I did, only to find out, there was 3 such stations on the left!!! I had gone down the wrong station , and had to wait another 10 minutes for the next bus to arrive.By that time, I had already called the company to inform them of my "fashionably late" arrival.
From the stop, I had to walk for a good 15 minutes to get to the Company. Thank god they were very nice...UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS TOO QUALIFIED for the post. Never, in Ireland, has anyone been overqualified. They told me they were really sorry to have brought me here, only to dissapoint me.AGENT' FAULT!!!! She didn't attach me the requirements, and I had sCALLED her to get her to EMAIL it to ME!!..But the guy at the company was realy really nice.
He told me the job was too junior and basic for me, since he knows I am aiming to be a Financial Controller one day.(hehe konon lah kan)
So I walked out, rather dissapointed,at the brink of tears and looked for the nearest bus stop, which when I finally found one, was actually going the opposite direction.!! I had asked a guy at the station, if the bus is going to head to the city centre, and he waved me off!!, and continued looking somewhere else. I was swearing under my breath, and waited for ANY bus to arrive, and got in. Only to find out , that, that guy was DEAF!!!! He showed his disability card to the bus driver. And I felt bad for a minute.
Only to start cursing again, when I found out, that the bus was going to Tallaght!!!!!, and the roads looked like it was heading to some barnyards.I got off the nearest stop, which looked, Modern enough.And was desperately in need of an ATM machine to get some cash.I found a 49a bus stop, which was heading towards Eden's Quay.And waited again under the hot sun, for a good 15 minutes, and jumped on, the minute I saw it.
Tears were threatening to fall again, but I know I will look silly if I cried. I slept all the way in the bus, and woke up when the bus reached Lower Clanbrassil. Itu rumah Amna tuu!! . So I went down, went to her house, and thank god lah kan she wasn't working..sakit konon.
And when I met the both of them, I started bawling like a child. I was emotionally and mentally tired and physically exhausted. Giler trauma tau mencari kerja macam ni!!!!....But I will not give up. I must not give up. I know not many people have gone through what I went through. I know my siblings didnt't have to walk under the hot sun, taking bus after bus,walking from one end to another to get a job. No one TALKED TO A DEAF person before and got offended like I did.

So one day, I can tell my grandkids, how many buses I took to find myself a job. I can tell them I know where Dolphin Barn is, I know where Snugborough is, I know where Westerway Business Park is, I know where IDA is.
I belive Allah has something else in store for me. It's only a matter of time. Hadapi dengan senyuman...


No comments: